Thursday, September 13, 2012

Creating FSG with beginning, debits, credits, and ending balance report


Creating FSG with beginning, debits, credits, and ending balance report

I have managed to get FSG debit and credit equal to trial balance - summary 1 . I need to calculate debit and credit on FSG first. Note that I was trying to make YTD report and this was done on column set.
Beginning Balance = BAL-Actual (FY Start) amount type.
For FSG Debit Column, I need to create 2 other column first. One for YTD-actual amount type and DR activity on account assignment, say A column. One for BAL-Actual (FY Start) amount type and DR activity on account assingment. This will be B column. Both are not shown. Then the real and shown debit column = A - B.
The same applies to Credit Column with CR activity.
Ending Balance will equal to Beginning Balance + Debit Column - Credit Column.

On the case of PTD report, I can use DR and CR activity directly. But I have to use YTD (-1 offset) on beginning balance and YTD on ending balance. There is no calculation on PTD report.

2 comments: